With weather is getting warmer and warmer, have you notice that spring is coming soon? Spring is such a great season for dog owners to take their doggies outside and also can enjoy the picnic with your furry friends; however, spring is also a season that have unsafe issue to dogs. Hence, in order to give your dog a happy and safe spring, here are some dog-safety tips you need to pay attention on.
1. Save the sticks. Sticks – now readily available after the winter thaw – can cause choking and severe injuries in dog’s mouths and throats. So, if your dog likes to chew and chase, pack a pet dog Frisbee or tennis ball instead.
2. Keep pooch away from new plants. Many dogs like to eat grass, also, they like to chew on plants, now is the time to get out your plant guide. Some native plants can cause vomiting, diarrhea or even death, so, you have to prevent Fido from eating plants.
3. Use pet-friendly products for spring cleaning. Spring cleaning is the perfect occasion to review your cleaning product’s pet-friendliness. So check the bottles’ contents and if the cleaning products are not safe to dog, you’d better keep them where your dog cannot get them.
4. Watch your dog for signs of seasonal allergies. Some dogs develop allergies to common seasonal plants, like ragweed. However, they unlike people, the allergies usually present as skin problems in dogs.
5. Start flea and tick prevention early. Spring is a season that dog can easily get skin issue or flea problem. So keeping dog on year-round flea and tick preventative to guard against heart-worm disease. You’d better grooming your dog regularly and use some safe dog bathing products to bathe your dog.
By the way, spring is a season which can rain a lot, so prepare dog products like pet raincoat, pet waterproof shoes and pet umbrella are also do benefit to your dog.