Are you new parents of kittens? It is cat owners’ responsibility to always keep their cats or kittens happy and healthy. Maybe you might think cats are independent, but they still count on you to provide them with food, water, safe shelter, veterinary care, a litter box, love and more. Take care of these essential cat care tips and you will develop a rewarding relationship with your feline companion.
1. Keep your cat safe by keeping her indoors, safely confined to your property, or walked on a harness and leash. Cats like to explore the outside world just like dogs, and millions of cats get lost every year. Hence, keeping your cat safe is essential: always use a cat carrier when transporting your cat; make certain that all windows are securely screened; keep the wash and dryer closed (some cats like to climb in these appliances if they’re left open); get into the habit of ensuring that drawers, closets, and cupboards are uninhabited before you close them – a kitty may be lurking inside.
2. Outfit your cat with a breakaway collar and visible ID that includes your name, address, and telephone number. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a chance she may slip out the door. Your cat is more likely to get home safely if she has a collar and ID.
3. Take your pet to the veterinarian for regular check-ups and vaccinations. If you don’t have a veterinarian, ask our local animal shelter, rescue group, or a pet-owning friend for a referral. Medical care is as essential for cats as it is for you.
4. Spay or neuter your cat which will keep him or her healthier and help decrease the number of cats euthanized every year because of cat overpopulation.
5. Groom your cat often. Whether your cat is long- or short-haired, should be brush regularly to keep her coats an skin healthy, prevent matting, and reduce shedding and hairballs. She also needs to have her claws clipped to keep them from growing into her paws. Besides, grooming is a good opportunity to discover any lumps, fleas, injuries, etc. You’d better to prepare some necessary cat grooming supplies to the daily cat grooming stuff.
Last but not least, feeding and providing entertainment to your cat are two essentials as well. If you have some essentials of cat care, please feel free to share with us.